Sunday 21 February 2010

colour palette



The colour palette here looks as though I have gone for the obvious green and red but the sites I have seen that are conveying the finer things in life use alot of black and white and whitespace.

I will design a site that is mainly black and white with some some high light colours.

I looked a green first that would remind users of freshness. I found it on the Ainsley Harriet website.
Ainsley is one of the only celebrity chefs that has shares the same brand values that I want to put across, see earlier post on Site Objectives. He is in touch with the people, and it is for him as much about the relationships with the people he is cooking for/with as about the food.
This is the same for Mario & Luigi.
The green Ainsley has on his site is fresh against the black and it is the one that I was after.

Complementary to that is the reddish/pink. Used sparingly across a black/grey/ white backdrop I will be able to direct the users attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment